BeSo chic. BeSo organic. BeSo YOU. ...thoughts on design, fresh interiors + style from a photo stylist.

Friday, September 14, 2012

diy: paint swatch art

Another styling opp turned craft project. I love styling photo shoots of kid's rooms + crafting fun decorative ideas you can do with your kids. This time I wanted to try my hand at paint swatch art.  I had seen some ideas online, but wanted to do my own interpretation.

I picked the colour palette based on the linens selected for the bedroom suite, eastern accents "Matilda" bedding ...shades of coral, aqua & teal.  


I wanted to juxtaposition a modern, abstract piece of art with a vintage frame. To add additional visual interest, I mixed in other vintage frames for a layered look.

Here's how it turned out...





{Photographed by diana parrish photography & design for young america ; Paint color is Coral Gables by benjamin moore }


There's really not much to the "how to."  Simply start by picking up paint swatches from your local paint or hardware store.  I used a piece of foam core that fit into the frame as a base. 

I layered the swatches over one another to conceal the paint names on the cards.  I played around with different configurations...& once I was sure of my design, I began to double-stick tape the swatches onto the board. An original composition in no time.

Pretty cool, right? Practically free art. 


There's lots of fun ways to use paint swatches.  Here are more ideas...


{shapes}

{via bluevelvetchair.blogspot}


{gift wrap}


{via atypicaltypea.com}


...and some pretty coral + aqua flowers to take you to a happy place...


 {via ellabellafloral.blogspot.com}

{the above images are "likes" on my pinterest page to see the original sources... pinterest-BeSoStyle}

ps. you may also like another recent DIY post, sun prints. 


Have a great weekend!

patti






No comments:

Post a Comment