BeSo chic. BeSo organic. BeSo YOU. ...thoughts on design, fresh interiors + style from a photo stylist.

Thursday, October 18, 2012

gold pumpkins

So... I thought I should officially join the ranks of the design bloggers by posting a

fall mantel

pic.

It seems a trend in the blogging world, so here it is...


{large white vase with leaves is by west elm}

I love white vases (obvi). And have been lovin' the gold + white combo in design lately.  Gilded details are turning up everywhere.  I fell in love with a gold-leaf pumpkin I saw recently...so I knew I needed to add a little gold to my fall decor. 

Since I wasn't quite patient enough for a gold-leaf project...I just picked-up a little valspar metallic gold spray paint and a few pumpkins.  In a matter of moments I had my mantle heroes - sweet little gilded pumpkins. 

I trimmed some beautiful fall maple branches from my yard to add an organic element and some fall colour.  Voila, my mantel is set through Thanksgiving. 

I played around with the configuration of props...


and zoomed in for a close-up...
 
{featuring white vases by jonathan adler}


Here's the original image of inspiration...

{via blogs.babble}

I hope your week is going well and that you're enjoying this fall season.  Seize the day and soak in the good stuff.  Must roast pumpkin seeds soon.

xo

patti


No comments:

Post a Comment